Friday 8 September 2017

5th Sep Macona Inlet to Macona Inlet via Saba Bay (circumnavigated Hook Island) 28nm




In the morning, the sun was very strong and with no wind it was particularly hot. We needed to get out of Macona. I had to do some chores and fix the deck wash hose that had been leaking. We bought a new one at Bunnings last week. That was only a 30 minute job thankfully.



We headed around to Saba Bay.



An amazing coincident occurred on the way. I looked out the back of the yacht along the lines of our path though the water. I saw a piece of flotsam that had just passed the yacht. I don’t know what made me turn back to investigate but I did. That was a stroke of luck as it happened to be the paddle off my dinghy which had fallen off. I must have depressed the button on the oar when sitting in the dinghy. Must have been my lucky day. It would have been troublesome finding a replacement oar for the rest of our Journey.



We had a beautiful lunch in Saba Bay. 2 Stripeys which I caught before lunch.



We continued around the Island to stop in Stonehaven for the evening and meet up with Isabella on their return from Airlie.
North East Point of Hook Island
Log Rock Hook Island





They were not there which was understandable as a north-west wind had come in making it not suitable for the evening. A small swell had developed during the day. We managed to get a phone call to them and caught up with them in Macona Inlet.

Isabella had a rough night on the anchor in front of the marina so they had to get a good sleep.



It was a quick drink on Isabella and back to Billabong for a Coral Trout on the BBQ and an early evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment