Saturday 2 September 2017

29th Thomas Island


I was up at 7am to check the weather and have a cup of tea. Tamara slept in a while as it was a very restful anchorage and we slept very well.



After breakfast, I went fishing at the turn of the low tide. It was a successful few hours and I caught enough fish for 6 meals. 1 Spanish Mackerel trolling around the island and 5 reef fish fishing in my favourite spot just after the turn of the low tide.

Catch of the day





The afternoon was spent swimming relaxing and watching the whales playing in the distance.



Another spectacular sunset warranted an alcoholic drink despite trying to have an alcohol-free day.





I cooked the large Emperor that I caught in the BBQ with garlic chilli and coriander and lime and between the two of us we devoured the lot in no time. It was probably the most enjoyable meal of the trip so far

From this
to this in 20 mins





Very contented after a cup of green tea to wash it down we retired early again.

No comments:

Post a Comment