Friday 29 September 2017

23rd Sep Chance Bay to Whitehaven to Chalkies Beach to Chance Bay. 12nm


Ollie woke at 4am and of course woke the rest of us. He managed to go back to sleep but woke at 6am and jumped into bed with me. Its always nice to have a cuddle with him and then he makes sure you get up and play with him.

Today he did some drawing and made a birthday card for Hamish off Ngak Ngak as it is his birthday coming up.



We had breakfast and I took Ollie to the beach for a play and a swim.






While on the beach I met a man who had a good looking powercat close by. He invited me on board and we had a look and spoke with him about it. It was a 35 foot Argus Power Cat. Was exactly what I am looking for. May have to investigate on my return to Sydney. Certainly was nice.



We weighed anchor and headed off to Whitehaven Beach. It was a brilliant sunny day and a light north easterly was blowing and made perfect conditions for a swim and lunch at Whitehaven.




I cooked the Coral Trout I caught 2 days earlier for Marina on the BBQ so she could taste the delicate flesh of a coral trout. We had that with some reef fish and kit was a delightful lunch.

We then motored across to Chalkies Beach and picked up a mooring. We then took the dinghy around the north-west corner of Haselwood Island and onto a beach where we had collected shells previously.

Of course with 4 people collecting there were a lot of shells found and brought back to the yacht including a massive clam shell which Marina wants me to take home on the yacht. I have no idea where I am going to store it.


A bucket of shells



I managed to Catch 2 Stripey perch on the way back from the beach. So, they became dinner along with some mackerel I had thawed out.



We motored back to Chance Bay and anchored for the evening and had dinner and we all fell asleep very early after a big day.



Isabella and Merritulli were anchored in the bay with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment