Friday 15 September 2017

13th Sept Windy Bay to Chance Bay 6nm


Was a little bit rock and roll last night in Windy Bay. I slept very well despite the northerly swell rolling into the bay so no dramas. The morning was overcast and we went to a very nice sandy beach where we had seen the sea planes land and drop people onto the beach.

It was a very pleasant walk and we found some very good shells.



On the way back from the beach I must have lost my rod out of the dinghy without seeing it go.

When I arrived back at Billabong it was missing. We had travelled a fair way so I headed back but it would be like finding a needle in a hay stack. I know the rod floats but not very high so it would be difficult. I went back towards the beach but could not find it. I stopped the motor to see where I would drift and then I altered coarse a bit and headed back towards Billabong but closer to shore. Wow how lucky was I. I found it!!



I quickly went fishing before lunch and caught 2 Stripey perch.



Isabella invited us for lunch because they have to start eating food defrosting from their now not working Waeco freezer. Chicken sausages - yum.



The wind was picking up from the north and we decided to go to Chance Bay and then have lunch.



View along the track


After lunch we went ashore and walked 3.6km through the bush to Whitehaven Beach. Had a quick swim and then returned to the yachts for sundowners.
The team on Whitehaven Beach




The wind has completely died out and now the water is like glass.



Tamara cooked chicken soup which is a pleasant change from fish.

No comments:

Post a Comment