Friday 8 September 2017

3rd Sep Stonehaven to Macona Inlet 8nm


We had a quiet morning doing some fishing and had a great snorkel at the southern end of Stonehaven after breakfast followed by a quick fish. Managed to catch a spotted cod which I gave to Judy and Martin and Myles for eating.



After lunch we moved to Macona Inlet for the evening and we caught up with Ngak Ngak.



Also in the inlet was Too Impetuous. This yacht I competed on in the 1983 Admirals Cup for the PNG team when I was living in Port Moresby. I took the dinghy over and said hello to the owners Rudy and Robyn Weber. Mentioned that and they told me about the impending 50th Anniversary Admirals Cup Regatta that is being sailed on Sydney Harbour in December. He invited me to sail with him and any other crew that sailed on her. I sent some photos to him and he was thrilled and we will stay in touch.



I took Myles fishing around to another favoured fishing spot but it was all to no avail. One small Stripey Perch which Myles had for dinner.



Drinks were on Isabella and Tamara and I ate the Coral Trout from the day before.





This anchorage was very peaceful and not a ripple to wake us up.



So far, no sign of infection from the fish hook.

No comments:

Post a Comment