Sunday 18 August 2013

18th August Graham’s Birthday at Orpheus Island


We woke to a beautiful sunny day with no wind and calm seas.  We had a very relaxing morning to tidy up a few chores around the yacht and then prepare for an afternoon of festivities on the beach for Graham’s birthday.
We set the table up under the coconut tree, popped the champagne and the festivities began.

 Great set up on the beach under a coconut tree.
 Graham opened the present I gave him which consisted of a “Shaggers” foldable cap, 2 stubby holders and fishing lure. What more would a bloke turning 57 want!!!
 Two "Shaggers"
Two good Shags on a rock - well that what the girls said
We had a fair few pre-dinner drinks. Actually I had too many. I tried to show the others how to climb a coconut tree. I did not get to climb the tree as I hopped into a branch and put a gash in my head. Lucky I had my “Shaggers” hat on which protected my head a bit. The sharp branch did not pierce the cap but the branch took a chunk of skin off which made my head bleed profusely. Not good. Graham took me back to the boat for some dressings and antiseptic but now I will not be able to swim for a few days until it heals. I cannot risk getting an infection from the warm water. The water temp here is 24-25 degrees.
We motored back to the beach and a late lunch where we had a great lamb lunch and a very good afternoon despite the dramas. Leanne baked Graham a birthday cake and we ate the lot for desert.
 Birthday Boy
We arrived back at the yachts well after sundown however it was a very pleasant day. A couple of drinks on Echo Beach finished the day beautifully.
The look says it all. A successful birthday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment