Saturday 26 August 2017

22nd Aug Horseshoe to Townsville 16nm


Today is all about reprovisioning. We arrived at the marina by 10.30 and loaded up with fuel and water. Moved into our pen and Tamara did two loads of washing while I washed the yacht and did some repairs. Here I was washing the boat oblivious to the water restrictions. No one said anything but I found out later.

2pm we had the courtesy car booked and we did the shopping

6pm Drinks with our good neighbours Ted and Caroline who gave me all their redundant fishing gear and I provided some nice Mackerel fillets in exchange. Tamara and I walked to the Cbar for dinner with Trevor and Elizabeth and another lovely catch up with my PNG friends.



We all had Prawn or Chicken Laksa as that came highly recommended and we were not disappointed. It was just what we needed after all the fish we have been eating.

A lovely walk back along the Strand to the marina where I topped up with water and we did our last preps before an early morning get away.

No comments:

Post a Comment