Friday 6 October 2017

6th Oct Great Keppel to Roslyn Bay 9nm


I was up early to have a cup of tea so that I could go for an early morning snorkel on the fringing reef near where we anchored.

It was good exercise and the coral was reasonable with the clear water but all seemed colourless and there were no vibrant colours.

Lots of fish but not a place I would recommend snorkelling although it is a marine park.



I returned to the yacht for a 9am departure to Roslyn Bay to reprovision a few items.



We arrived at 10.30 which gave us time to fill the yacht with water and wash it down before taking the courtesy car into town.



Eric and Maureen came with me and we had a nice coffee and pie in town for lunch after gathering the supplies.



Back to the marina to pack things away and commence the laundry.



Maureen and I walked to the fish co-op and purchased some fresh cooked tiger prawns so that we could have an entree on Billabong with sunset drinks before going to the Waterline restaurant for a birthday dinner.


Only one candle for the 62 year old.


Another very pleasant day.

No comments:

Post a Comment